Please note: We are currently only operating in Calgary, AB and surrounding areas. For this reason, the policy below only applies for that region.
Our goal is to keep our customers and mechanics as healthy as possible.
We understand that a reliable vehicle is a necessity, especially right now. We are doing everything we can to keep your vehicle running, and to keep our customers and our mechanics healthy.
Here is what we are doing:
- Reduced rates for those in need, performed at our cost
- No-contact procedures
- Thorough sanitization before and after services
- Additional remote work policies for employees
- All approvals and sign-offs of mechanic services are moved to a digital platform
- Reduced rates for those in need
- Offers for elderly, immunocompromised, small business, on-demand delivery drivers, and independent contractors
- What we are doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- No-touch key handoff and service
- Additional fleet service and small business options
- Request a Quote
- Ask a Question
During this time of uncertainty, on-demand services are essential for providing services that limit contact and unnecessary travel - especially to the elderly and/or immunocompromised. Any instance where we can assist in allowing people the freedom of mobility so that they can take care of themselves by going to the grocery store or pharmacy is a responsibility that we will take. Our services are inherently low-touch, and we have taken additional precautions to ensure that the entire service experience has no physical contact between the mechanic and all customers.
We also understand the necessity for local small businesses, independent contractors, and tradespeople to continue operations, as the effect of COVID-19 is also economic.
These rates are intended for people in need, including:
- All people over the age of 65
- Anyone who claims to be immunocompromised
- Small businesses and fleets in Calgary, AB
- Gig-economy or on-demand drivers such as Uber, DoorDash, Skip The Dishes, etc.
- Doctors, Nurses, or anyone in the health system supporting the efforts to save others from COVID-19
To get these reduced rates, we kindly ask that you add the words "REDUCED RATE" into the notes of the quote request. If you choose to call MicroMech (1-844-285-0055) for your quote, you may also mention it over the phone.
We feel that it is important for the community to come together during this time, and this solution we are providing is solely based off the honour system. Services performed at cost are subject to availability of our mechanics.
Reduced rates for those in need (services performed at cost)
Although our service already has a low number of touch-points with the customer, we have implemented the following procedure to ensure maximal safety of our customers and mechanics:
- All mechanics are wearing rubber gloves that are changed prior to arriving at site
- There is 0 contact with customers, including no hand shaking and a no-touch key handoff (see below)
- All service documents and inspection forms will be shared digitally after services
- All mechanics disinfect steering wheels, door handles, and shifters before and after services
- All MicroMech staff, excluding mechanics, are working from home
Additionally, if any of our mechanics feel unwell, they are required to stay home and stop performing services immediately. We will also notify all customers if there is any indication that one of our mechanics has COVID-19 and has worked on your vehicle(s) in the past two weeks.
What we are doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
It is important to keep our customers and mechanics safe - that is why we are implementing a no-touch key handoff and service procedure. Please read the step-by-step procedure below prior to your service:
- All mechanics will arrive wearing a fresh pair of gloves, and will remain 6 feet away from customers at all times
- At the beginning or end of your service, the mechanic may ask you to sign paperwork, so the handoff procedure applies to those as well.
The actual handoff procedure:
- Place the item your handing off (car key, etc), and the mechanic will wait until you're back inside or 6 feet away to retrieve the item.
- The mechanic will step forward and grab the key or item that is required to perform the service.
- During the service, the mechanic will sanitize items that will be handed back to you, as well as door handles, steering wheels, and shifters.
- At the end of the service, the sign-off of work is now done through a digital platform.
- When the mechanic gives the key back, please refer to steps 1 and 2.
We understand that this may seem extreme, but if we have done our jobs right, it will appear as an overreaction and service will go back to normal sooner rather than later.
No-touch key handoff and service
We know during this time, businesses are trying to reduce employee exposure to COVID-19 as well as costs. We hope our offering will help you achieve both.
We are providing essential services at cost to help Calgary businesses continue to run. As a technology company, we have already been putting measures in place allows drivers to focus on their work as opposed to spending time in the repair shop or at the fuel station - a solution that is separate from our traditional mobile-mechanic offering.
Starting in May 2020, we are launching automated fueling, vehicle management, fleet tracking and mechanic services for fleets. If you are a fleet operator, we will offer this service with a $0 subscription fee while businesses recover from COVID-19. To learn more about this offering, fill out the form below or call us at 1-844-285-0055.
Additional fleet service and small business options
if you are looking to get your vehicle serviced, simply click the button below. Please note that effective immediately, we are requiring the no-touch key handoff and service to be implemented. If you have any questions, please fill out the form below or call us at 1-844-285-0055. You may also request a quote over the phone.
Request a Quote
We will respond to all questions as soon as possible. We are available 8:00 - 6:00pm Monday through Friday.
© 2020 Motokaptia Corp o/a MicroMech. All rights reserved.
441 11th ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G0Y5 | Customer Service: 1-844-285-0055 | Press: firstname.lastname@example.org